At LBC, we want to make it easy for you to jump in and worship on Sundays. We believe a big part of this is coming to Sunday service prepared! Each week, we provide the sermon text, some discussion questions, the songs we will sing, and anything else we think you need to know to prepare your heart to worship the Lord this Sunday!
This week we are finishing our Summer series in the Psalms!
Last Sunday, we saw the eternal joy of knowing the Lord.
This week, we'll hear from Psalm 99.
1 The LORD reigns; let the peoples tremble!
He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!
2 The LORD is great in Zion;
he is exalted over all the peoples.
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name!
Holy is he!
4 The King in his might loves justice.
You have established equity;
you have executed justice
and righteousness in Jacob.
5 Exalt the LORD our God;
worship at his footstool!
Holy is he!
6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
Samuel also was among those who called upon his name.
They called to the LORD, and he answered them.
7 In the pillar of the cloud he spoke to them;
they kept his testimonies
and the statute that he gave them.
8 O LORD our God, you answered them;
you were a forgiving God to them,
but an avenger of their wrongdoings.
9 Exalt the LORD our God,
and worship at his holy mountain;
for the LORD our God is holy!
1. How does the holiness of God influence your worship of God?
2. How do God's righteous actions demonstrate his righteous character? How can we grow to worship the Lord by considering his actions in human history?
3. The Psalm gives examples of men calling out to God. What is so incredible about the fact that the Lord "spoke to them?"
4. What qualities of God are revealed in this Psalm? How do we see these on display in the gospel?
5. How does this Psalm point us to Christ?