At LBC, we want to make it easy for you to jump in and worship on Sundays. We believe a big part of this is coming to Sunday service prepared! Each week, we provide the sermon text, some discussion questions, the songs we will sing, and anything else we think you need to know to prepare your heart to worship the Lord this Sunday!
This week we are continuing our Summer series in the Psalms!
Last Sunday, we learned what a soul that seeks God looks like
This week, we'll hear from Psalm 1.
1 Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2 but his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
4 The wicked are not so,
but are like chaff that the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6 for the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.
1. What is the progression in verse 1? What does this teach us about sin?
2. What stands in contrast to the man who progresses in sin? How does delighting in God's word help us combat sin?
3. What does the comparison in verse 3 teach us about the effect of meditating on God's word?
4. How does this Psalm describe the wicked? What is their end?
5. How does this Psalm point us to Christ?